Asian Food Fest Cook-Off at Findlay Market!
The cooking competition will be held at Findlay Market in Over The Rhine every Sunday from March 3-24th, 2013. Every week will be a sample of the city’s best Congee, Curry, Rolls, and of course, Asian BBQ. The competition will be judged by a select group of tasters as well as the audience in attendance. In addition to taste testing, the audience will enjoy local beer and an experience unique to Findlay Market. The festivities will run between 1:00-3:00pm starting on March 3rd, 2013. The Cook-Off is FREE to enter and FREE to attend and taste. Proceeds from the Cook-Off will be used to host the Asian Food Fest.
Each week, there will be 2 prizes:
- People's Choice Fundraiser Prize - $50 in gift certificates to local businesses
This award will be given to the person who has the most votes from the people. Attendees are welcome to cast their votes to their favorite cook's cookie jar. Every $1 counts as 1 vote. Attendees are allowed to vote as often as they choose and in any dollar amount. The contestant with the highest dollar amount in their fundraising jar will win the prize! So, encourage all of your friends and family to come out and support you!
- Judges Choice Prize - $50 in gift certificates to local businesses
A select panel of judges will be scoring each dish based on the following criteria: smell, taste, creativity, and aftertaste.
- Complete entry form by the Friday prior to the event date.
- Bring at least 4 quarts of your entrée to the contest, heated in an electric crock pot with an extension cord (or a chaffing dish) and a serving spoon to the Farm Shed, site of the competition
- Bring a list of ingredients on the day of the event
- Each event will be limited to 30 contestants
- Please arrive 30 minutes before the cook-off begins to heat up your dish